1. How do I log in?
- Mediclinic ICT Service Desk sent an SMS and Email containing the Populus eLearning registration link to all staff.
- If you missed the SMS OR email her you go: https://mediclinic.populus.co.za/login/index.php
- Click on that link and choose either “Register” OR “Create my New Account”.
- You will then be directed to the “New Account” page where you fill in your Username/Email, Password, Name, Surname, Email [again yes] and the Location of Your Mediclinic Work Site.
- If you click “Remember my Password”, the log in email link that you will receive will automatically log you in to the http://mediclinic.populus.co.za.
- Please take note of the “Support Tab” at the top end of the “New Account” form should you have any technical or administrative
- Immediately after clicking the “Create my New Account” tab you will receive an email with a log in link.
- Press on the Log In link and you will receive confirmation of your
- Press the ‘Continue’ tab to go to your landing
- On your landing page you will have the option to continue Online via your Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser by clicking the ‘Log In’ tab OR you may also opt to download the Android App.
2. Why can’t I log in?
- If you have forgotten your username and password, please click the ‘Forgotten your Username or password?’ tab. This will take you through a process to generate a new username and password.
- Check if cookies are enabled on your browser?
- Check if you have a stable internet connection?
- Checking your Network Configuration Settings
- Check your Firewall Policy/Rules
- Submit a ticket with Populus Technical & Admin Support at http://support.populus.co.za.
3. How do I get in touch Admin Support at Populus?
To submit a ticket with Admin Support, complete the ticket form at https://support.populus.co.za.
1. How do I access my course materials?
Our online course system is available 24/7 and you can log in from any device that has an internet connection. This includes desktop computers, laptops, tablet computers and even smartphones!
2. Can I access the course on my mobile phone?
Yes, you can. Our Moodle Premium App is downloadable from the registration page at https://mediclinic.populus.co.za/login/index.php.
The App allows you to download the Diversity & Inclusion eLearning program while you online.
Once the eLearning program has been downloaded you may enjoy it even when you are offline due to poor signal or data issues.
course. Once you are enrolled in a course, it will appear under “My courses” any time that you are logged into that site.
1. What can I expect?
Once you have completed this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Define key terms related to diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Re-script your interactions with diverse colleagues
- Contribute to MCSA’s vision for an inclusive work
Through our easy-to-use interface you’ll have access to a variety of eLearning assets, including, module notes, interactive quizzes, animated videos, real life images scenario based questions and a micro assessment. The content is downloadable on our Mobile App allowing for offline access.
2. Where do I get to see all the course content?
Once you are logged in you will find a contents list on the left-hand side of the page.
3. How do I jump between my topics?
Click on the topic you wish to view, and it will play or replay again.
4. How do I get back to the homepage?
Use the navigation bar at the top left of the page or the button at the very bottom of the course
1. What kind of support will I get during the course?
Our dedicated Advisers are here to support you from start to finish and will be available during office hours to offer administrative and technical assistance for the duration of the course. Use the Support button to log any query: https://support.populus.co.za.
2. How flexible is the course at accommodating my schedule?
We recommend that you stick to the weekly deadlines in order to get the most out of your course
3. How do I contact a tutor or adviser from Populus?
EMAILS & NOTIFICATIONS:
1. Will the app allow me to receive notifications on my mobile device?
Yes, the app can send you push notifications to your mobile device.
2. Why am I not getting any e-mails and others are?
Chances are your email address in your profile is either wrong or disabled.
It could also be that you are not subscribed to the forums that are generating emails.
AOL users may also not receive e-mails if the administrator has banned the use of AOL email addresses.
Every Moodle user can control how they receive email notifications from Moodle.
To customize these settings:
- Click your name or user icon (at top right of your course page) and from the User menu drop-down, select Preferences. Your Preferences page will
- On the Preferences page, under User account, click Forum preferences. The Forum preferences page will
- On the Forum preferences page, from the Email digest type drop-down menu, select how Moodle will send notifications when you are following You have the following options:
No digest (single email per forum post) (default) Complete (daily email with full posts)
Subjects (daily email with subjects only)
Note: By choosing Complete or Subjects you will receive one email per day with notifications from Moodle. If you choose No digest, you will receive an email every time a classmate or instructor posts to discussions you are following.
- From the Forum auto-subscribe drop-down menu, select how you will follow discussion forums:
No: don’t automatically subscribe me to forum discussions (default) Recommended.
Yes: When I post, subscribe me to that forum Not recommended; you will receive email notifications from any forum you contribute to.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save changes to finish making changes
In the preferences section the users get to edit which kind of notifications they want to receive, from forums, editors, courses etc.
3. How can I stop all these e-mails?
E-mails are an essential part of the way the course works. They are used to keep you up to date with what is going on. If you wish to reduce the number of emails you get you could:
- Edit your profile and change your e-mail settings to digest
- Unsubscribe from non-essential forums (although they are there for a reason!)
- Disable your e-mail address in your profile although this is not recommended and may go against in house
1. Why is my course average so low?
You have an opportunity to redo the quizzes to improve your score You may have completed your quizzes while you were offline.
Your scores will only update once you go online again from the same mobile device.
2. Which button do I press when I have finished a quiz?
Click the SUBMIT button.
3. I’ve completed the online quiz. What should I do now?
Click the NEXT button. You should receive your score result immediately.
4. I’ve submitted my quiz answers, but my score is showing 0. What should I do?
Refresh your page, as your score should show immediately after you’ve pressed the ‘Submit’ Button.
1. Make sure you’re on the proper browser?
You should use one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://www.google.co.za/chrome/
- Microsoft Edge: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
2. Download the Moodle App
3. Ensure that you have registered yourself
Register here: https://mediclinic.populus.co.za/login/signup.php
4. How do I access the Programme in Moodle?
Enter this link: https://mediclinic.populus.co.za into the required field.
5. Why is my login details not accepted on the Moodle App?
PDF’s NOT OPENING:
1. Pdf not opening on my phone
Make sure that your settings on your phone will allow you to open PDF’s.
Open and read PDFs on Android.
- Download and install Acrobat Reader from the Google Play Store. Launch the
- On the bottom menu bar, select
- Locate your PDF file on your Android and select
- Read your document. You can also adjust viewing and scrolling settings to your
Where is PDF on my iPhone?
Your iPhone or iPad is designed to open PDF files automatically
Your PDF will be available in the Books app on any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, as long as you’re signed into the same Apple ID and have iCloud Drive turned on for Books.
2. Pdf not opening on my PC
Make sure that you have an application to open PDF’s on your PC.